Berlin, 27-29 May, 2016
The first NDC Hackathon specialized in business travel took place in Berlin, Germany on 27-29 May.
A total of 104 developers participated and presented 21 ideas.
SITA, Timatic Autocheck, LinkedIn, Routehappy and Vaadin were the API providers.
During 40 hours participants were asked to build travel apps and solutions using at a minimum the NDC API (NDC Sandboxes and British Airways) and address specific challenges around two main areas in business travel:
- The Business Travel Journey (consistency of the content through the various channels, levels of personalization and geolocation etc.)
- Travel Data with challenges on ‘profiling’ and reporting
5 prizes were given out based on these categories plus and additional Developer Prize to award the best code
1) NINA -APIs used: NDC
Best project for The Travel Business Journey category
Description: NINA blends company travel policy compliance and personal traveler preferences. It brings together policy approved options and utilizes NDC technology to provide full transparency of the elements comprised. See project details here.
2) BUDGETR - APIs used: NDC
Best project for the Travel Data category
Description: BUDGETER provides an overview of company’s travel expenses alongside estimations for future travels. Ii is an app for travelers to purchase additional services throughout the journey and provides an overview of the budget left while enabling direct purchasing without receipts. See project details here.
3) Project: CICERO - APIs used: NDC, SITA, Timatic Autocheck
Description: CICERO is a one stop shop to access all additional services needed for the journey. See project details here
4) Project: FlyCal - APIs used: NDC, LinkedIN
Description: FlyCal optimizes your travel flights by connecting business calendars of different meeting attendants. Through an automated process you will find out what’s the best time to book a flight in your calendar. See project details here.
5) Project: PTA - APIs used: NDC, British Airways, SITA and RouteHappy
Description: PTA allows travelers to access flight status and personalized offers with ancillary services from NDC-enabled airlines. It also allows travel managers to handle employees’ journeys providing offers from NDC airlines. See project details here.
- The two best projects per category will present their solutions to an audience of 100+ Corporate Buyers, Head of Associations, Airlines and TMCs attending the Business Travel Summit on 21-22 June in Geneva.
- All winners can now participate in an on-line incubation program aimed at taking the projects one step further. During a 2 month period, mentors will be guiding winners through a process that will help the projects evolve one step further.
More images of the Berlin's hackathon here.